Recent content by fdmaker

1. F

Unity XR Rig

Hey there. Ya I hear ya on the timelines and all. You do seem to have a lot to manage there with all these kits for sure. As a single dev myself I soooo understand how it all goes. But yeah I am fully onboard with getting this going and will help out anyway I can. I have a big testing...
  2. F

Unity XR Rig

So a quick question. Any ballpark ETA on a VR update? I could still be deving with this kit awaiting the update... cheers.
  3. F

Unity XR Rig

following.
  4. F

Has ANYONE gotten this to work on stand alone Quest?

Alrighty. This problem/Bug seems to have a lot of us vexxed... As the title says, has anyone gotten this to work on a stand alone build on a Quest? Seems the buttons won't/can't map through input manager somehow on the controllers for some reason on android(?) , for a lot of users. It runs...
  5. F

VR Add-On with Quest?

Drat! Double drat... I have been trying different configs of unity and OVR to no avail either. Have a few test cases to try today . unity 2020/legacy XR input and then unity 2020/XR input/newinput system.. Sucks. I think this kit would work well for mobile vr if this problem could be...
  6. F

VR Add-On with Quest?

Edit: the inputmanager asset with supposed correct input mapping for use with the new XR system, in case anyone wants to play with it. and if you do get it working, please come back and let us all know what the exact steps were! Cheers!
  7. F

How to add a new button mappings?

Heres a inputmaper mapping that is supposed to work for quest. I'm not sure it does.
  8. F

VR Add-On with Quest?

Gotcha, gotcha. I'm going through it now as well. Its a tad tedious for me as I am the art guy and not the coder. Bigpookie over on the discord said they got it working on a quest a about two weeks back just by "remapping" the inputs using the new XR system and set me an inputmanager asset...
  9. F

VR Add-On with Quest?

talk is you have to use the new XR stuff to get it to work, (standard opsive controller and not the oculus rig) but so far I have not had much success. We should all get a thread going on how to actually get this working with the quest. What setup are you using? I have tried...
  10. F

Optimising UCC for mobile

Hi again. Interesting point and one I can speak too specifically, as I tested this exact use case out for my mobile vr game when i was learning meshbaker and how unitys culling and static batching all played well together. What I found was for an s7 class machine (what the go and quest are...
  11. F

Optimising UCC for mobile

I do mobile vr and android and am bit of an optimization nerd.... The one MAJOR mobile optimization is to use some sort of mesh combiner and atlaser on your levels.... Took me down from like 200 draw calls to like 25. It can also mesh combine skinned meshes (enemies) Its often...
  12. F

VR Add-On with Quest?

Just a smiple remap? No code change? I can't even find the original quest 1 docs unity bindings at the moment.
  13. F

VR Add-On with Quest?

What was the special sauce you used to get it working on the quest (1)? For the life of me, I can't get any movement models to work on my quest....
  14. F

Quest and UFPS VR add on setup

I have the first person controller, vr add on building on unity 2019.4 lts, OVR 1.68, ovr for android and the latest and greatest UFPC. I am not suing XR, but older legacy Unity inputs. Building for teh quest 1, but i assume the inputs are the exact same ont he quest 2 as mt last app ran...
  15. F

Just up and running with FPS and VR plugin TIPS?

First time user of opsive stuff and am looking to get it up and running for a dungeon type vr game for the quest. I have a kit based on old Realistic FPS, but its showing its age here in the 6df VR wold. Anyone have tips or tricks or gotchas I should be on the look out for? Currently just...