Recent content by echtnice

1. E

Opsive Integration Task: Should all of them search parents for UCC like Is Alive does?

Hi, i'm having some trouble with the UCC Integration tasks as all of them try to retrieve the UltimateCharacterController component from the Target GameObject and not from the parents of the Target GameObject. The IsAlive task is the only exception as far as I can see. I wonder if it would be...
  2. E

Issue in Short Climb

UCC 2.3.5, ClimbPack Download 08-17-2021. If you start from this corner, the Nolan goes into the objects and stuck. This is because the collision check is switched off while the ability is active. Perhaps it would be interesting to check the destination location whether it is free or whether...
  3. E

[Bug] KeyNotFoundException in CheckGround

Okay even though I am not able to send you a repro scene I took closer look again as I was still experiencieng the problem with the proposed patch above. My analysis showed that m_CombinedRaycastHits contained holes (items in between are equal m_BlankRaycastHit) and because...
  4. E

[Bug] KeyNotFoundException in CheckGround

Hi, i'm getting a KeyNotFoundException in CheckGround. As I understand the NonAllocCast method, the caller is responsible for calling ResetCombinedRaycastHits once the result of NonAllocCast is not needed anymore. Calling NonAllocCast without calling ResetCombinedRaycastHits could lead to the...
  5. E

Coop Gameplay support with Input System

would it be possible to add a method to the CameraController to be able to set the anchor programmatically? public void OverrideAnchor (Transform anchor) { m_Anchor = anchor; } or to extend the method InitializeAnchor and a flag that custom Anchor that are not in the character can...
  6. E

The problem isn't the anchor. The problem is that the CameraController has a character. And the LookDirection is determined on the basis of this dependency. Camera Utility does not find the correct camera. What would the right camera be in this case? Always the MainCamera? or own for each...
  7. E

[FEATURE] Extend AudioManager to be able to provide a default AudioMixerGroup

Hi! In my project I use different AudioMixerGroups to control the volume of different sound types. It would be helpful if AudioManager can ensure that a default AudioMixerGroup is set, if not otherwise specified in the AudioSource like I did in the patch below. Would you be interested in...
  8. E

is a local game on a single screen like this one. I use the camera where I determine the camera position via the anchor. When creating characters, a camera controller is searched for with the appropriate character. Think if it wouldn't make sense to add several CameraControllers to the...
  9. E

Unity: 2020 UCC: 2.2.3 I need several players in the game and would like to use the existing methods such as CameraUtility.FindCamera (m_GameObject); use. Unfortunately, these fail because there is no camera on the second player and therefore no camera is set for this player in many places...
  10. E

[BUG] SpawnEffect at Vector3.zero in Use MeleeWeapon

UCC: from Jan to today, Unity: 2020.x.x If the ItemAbility Meleee wants to create an effect on non-convex mesh, it is created at Vectr3.zero. https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Physics.SphereCastNonAlloc.html Solution MeleeWeapon line 820: //HACK 13.01.2021 if (raycastHit.point ==...
  11. E

Problem with character grounded on steep cliffs and not sliding downwards

Hi I have a problem with my character being grounded on steep cliffs and not sliding downwards. This happens with some low poly rocks that have a mesh collider. If I walk over the edge, and rotate so that the character is facing the cliff and move forward against the cliff, I would expect the...
  12. E

Climbing Ladder

is the release date already known for the climb add-on?
  13. E

[Improvement]: ObjectPickup: Explicitly notify other player about objects being picked up.

Yes, for now I carry some additional code which is kinda hacky ... I'll let you know when I figure out a solution that works for me
  14. E

[Improvement]: ObjectPickup: Explicitly notify other player about objects being picked up.

Hi, I dynamically spawn networked ObjectPickup's (ObjectPool.Instantiate+NetworkObjectPool.NetworkSpawn). They should be destroyed once picked up. Currently they are only destroyed if picked up on the MasterClient because in ObjectPickup->ObjectPickedUp->NetworkObjectPool.Destroy we only...
  15. E

[BUG]: MagicParticle.OnParticleCollision: m_MagicItem Object reference not set

Hi, I've implemented a new magic spell which uses the SpawnParticle Cast action with a ParticleSystem. The ParticleSystem has the following components: MagicParticle, ParticlePooler, PhotonView, and PunMagicParticle. When player 1 casts the magic spell, I noticed the following exception being...