Recent content by discofever

1. discofever

Issues interacting with objects

Thanks. Works as expected now.
  2. discofever

My pickup melee weapon doesn't attack (video attached)

Agreed. I spent hours to figure out that 1 should be 0 ... it’s unforgiving for such things. As discussed times over discord it would be great to have a « from scratch » video.
  3. discofever

Ok will look into it. Otherwise can i just disable input ? Also, weird that on start Both components related to FinalIK gets disabled ... any idea ?
  4. discofever

I've finally figured out 'by accident'; comparing my controller to Nolan - I needed to create a 'state' for MoveTowards with MotorRotationSpeed of 500; so basically it was starting but so 'slow' that i couldn't notice. Now my issue is that when the interaction is starting - right hand moving to...
  5. discofever

First off apologies for my "n00bness" in understanding how UCC works. So i want to make a simple interaction; character comes and picks up a bottle. I've added a "Screen Interact" ability in the Abilites and "Move towards". Character walks to the object but then nothing happens. Using FinalIK...
  6. discofever

Trying to implement a dummy usableitem

But why do I need to create an Inspector for my UsableItem I don't get it and why is this error there in the first place. Why I can't just have a usable item that does nothing and implement myself what I want ? What now ? Can you please kindly give us an example of a UsableItem that shows a...
  7. discofever

Adding this to the UsableItemInspector.cs fires up another error : Instance of UsableItemInspector couldn't be created. The script class needs to derive from ScriptableObject and be placed in the Assets/Editor folder.
  8. discofever

Well ... ended up 'commenting' that line ... Now my other issue is that the 'Item use' ability always stays 'active' and doesn't go 'Inactive' when i release the button ... like the Aim Ability.
  9. discofever

I'm trying to get a glimpse of how this 'Ultimate Black Box' works. I've created the following dummy script for usableitem. using UnityEngine; using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character; using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items; using...
  10. discofever

Simple first person interactions (grab, throw, inspect Item)

Looking forward to see those implemented too; maybe a way to get them back from UFPS1 ? I'm trying to code them back but gosh ...
  11. discofever

Interact using screen raycast

So i'm trying this out. I've created simple "PickInteractable" But it only writes me back "Has Interacted" every now and then not 'as i click'. And I never see the "YAY" message. What am i missing here ? Thanks ! using UnityEngine; using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Traits...