Recent content by discofever

1. discofever

Problems with Drag & Drop between Inventory window & Equipment

That just saved me 4 hours ...
  2. discofever

Stamina decrease while sprinting

Thanks, I didn't know how to do this - you helped me ! Then is there a nice way to access and set the attributes by script ?
  3. discofever

[Feature Request] Add bool to keep ItemAction panel open

As I suggested on Discord it would be a nice option to have the possibility not to close item Action upon use (so the player can use item multiple times) and not have to re-click the item again and again for repeated times.
  4. discofever

[BUG] Possible race condition(s) when using Enter Play Mode option from Unity Editor

As discussed on Discord. There could be a race condition between start/awake when using the Editor's "Enter Play Mode" option (which enters gameplay without reloading the domain/scene). When option is enabled; I get weird issues like first item being selected but item description not showing.
  5. discofever

Exploring Opsive Ultimate Character Controller with Unity's New Input System

I've been using the New Input System from Day 1 it works smoothly; integration is dead simple too.
  6. discofever

"Smooth" transition after setting a state ?

+1 on this !
  7. discofever

"Smooth" transition after setting a state ?

I'm making an Interaction where i set a state in the First Person Perspective view (limiting Yaw to 0); when the interaction is completed it 'snaps' back to 'default' state in which the camera faces straight forward - i was wondering if there was a way to make this 'transition' smoother (or...
  8. discofever

First person view with full body awareness (without first person arms object) ?

Hi @Justin, After all my efforts and watching your videos; i'm unable to make this work. How come you magically align hands with body ? It's not a matter of a simple offset, it's much more than that having rotation implicated as well. In your FPSMeshTool tutorial you don't move the character...
  9. discofever

Differences between Ultimate Character Controller / UFPS and TPS

I'm a bit confused on the main differences between the three assets. If i own UFPS and buy TPS it's the 'same' as having UCC alone ? Or in order to have both first and third i 'need' to get UCC ?
  10. discofever

This is exactly what i am using (in the video). No matter what even with FPS Mesh Tool, the 'arms' are not at origin but way up high and rotated. But then, i'd have to have a 'body' item when character is empty handed ?
  11. discofever

I've recently posted a video on Discord regarding my issues trying to make my character equip an Axe (). I'm running into so many issues; i was wondering if in fact i was on the right path. My goal is to make a view just like in firewatch where you have fully body awareness (when camera moves...
  12. discofever

How to make character pickup a simple object (with animation)

I'm trying to make this very simple (yet insanely complex using UCC) 'thing'. Making this chill survival game where the character needs to gather ressources from the forest. I want to be able to pickup things from the ground, from trees, etc. First i want to pickup this branch on the ground...
  13. discofever

Interaction with FinalIK hand pose not working

I've been following the integration guide for FinalIK for the interaction. I'm adding an Ability IK Target and "Interaction Object" scripts on the target; also Interaction Target and Hand pose like below. I don't understand why it doesn't work. Sadly the character doesn't turn his hand...
  14. discofever

Walkie Talkie ability, where to start ?

I want to make a Walkie/Talkie ability (just like in Firewatch); regarding Input, is there a way to access Player Input in order to catch key presses ? Or how would you go about it
  15. discofever

Sit down ability, triggered only once ...

Thanks, at the end it turned out just to be the Stop Type; when 'Long Press' it doesn't work ... Button down and Button Toggle made it work as expected; i'm glad it's just that and not something 'deeper'.