Recent content by DirtyHippy

1. D

Pooling behaviours and performance

So I reviewed those threads and I think I have figured out how it works under the hood. Honestly I found those threads a bit awkward. Most people are probably like me - they have pooled agents, those agents have a behaviour tree component with an external behaviour. They spawn/despawn the...
  2. D

Pooling behaviours and performance

Hi - My npcs all share the same (large) external behaviour tree. My npcs are all pooled, so once the behaviour tree instance is setup, I don't really have any reason to return the behaviour tree itself to an internal pool (but I think behaviour designer does this automatically for you). I've...
  3. D

Nice to have quality of life changes

In my post above I mention I use external BTs. What you mention is the downside of using them. Layout is awful. Basically what I do is sometimes I do a pass at layout and spread stuff out, hit play, see what still overlaps, and spread it out more, which is tedious. That being said, I am not...
  4. D

Another: Specify conditional abort status triggers that cause an abort. I.e. by default aborts trigger whenever status changes from success -> failure and vice versa. Sometimes you might want to trigger an abort only when it goes from false to true (or true to false). Basically three choices...
  5. D

Oh, and ideally it should throw up an ok/cancel if you try to delete a variable that is in use by that tree somewhere.
  6. D

Two more: 1) Show if a variable is not used in the tree in the variable list (with the red icon you use now for nodes with shared variable mappings that were removed). As trees get large this gets more important as sometimes you don't even remember who uses the variable or why it exists. The...
  7. D

Note: 2018.4.13 1) Fix tooltips so they don't get clipped on the left side. This happens on both my primary and secondary monitor. 2) Remember the location in an external tree (in each tree) that you were last looking at rather than resetting to the default position if you inspect something...
  8. D

Lists of SharedVariables

Something like this: Where AgentSetVariable.SetVariable basically switches off the enum and populates the target variable with the result (from internal non-behaviour tree sources). public class AgentSetVariables : AgentActionBase { [Serializable] public class...
  9. D

Lists of SharedVariables

I have a simple action task that has an enum and a sharedfloat. It simply looks up the value based on the enum and puts it in the shared var. Since I tended to use multiple of these in a sequence, I figured I would create a separate task with a little serializable list of these where each...
  10. D

Serialization issue

Hi - On a tree today in 1.6.3 I had a prefab with a behaviour tree in it serialized in a scene referencing a simple external behavior. I added a variable to the external tree, and then referenced that variable in the external behaviour tree via a compare boolean task. I did this without...
  11. D

Utility Selector example fails to deserialize the two behaviour trees

Hi - This was in a test project (I believe 2018.4.F5). With just behaviour designer and A* pathfinding freshly imported. I am on newest 2018.4.13 now. Maybe I will give it a shot again with the newer version. Its not that big of a deal. The concept seems pretty simple. Thanks!
  12. D

Utility Selector example fails to deserialize the two behaviour trees

I was looking into the UtilitySelector as this is new since the last time I messed with my trees. I downloaded the sample, but it appears the two behaviour trees (Action / Decorator) fail to deserialize rendering the sample useless. This would be nice if it could be resolved. Newest Behaviour...
  13. D

Flocking / A* Pathfinding

I haven't updated my behaviour trees in years. I've written my own tasks, borrowing some code from the movement/formation packs. I was tinkering with flocking today and having some issues. I tried to bring up the vanilla A* test scene to play around for the movement pack using newest A*...