Recent content by desukarhu

1. D

CategoryAttributeViewSet inspector throws an error

I am on the latest version, but the way I had to update my UIS is file by file to avoid any changes to code I've dumbly made directly to the source code instead of extending, so I might have missed stuff. It seems that I also had to fix the "BindItem" function in...
  2. D

CategoryAttributeViewSet inspector throws an error

Hey, I'm getting the following error when opening up a CategoryAttributeViewSet on an inspector: [Exception] InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid. ItemCategoryAttributeNameBindingView.BindItem() at /3rd Party...
  3. D

Editor Category Selection Not Working When Null

Thanks! Seems to work nicely. I'll reply to this thread if any issues come up regarding this, but I didn't notice any so far.
  4. D

Editor Category Selection Not Working When Null

Hi, As I mentioned on discord it seems that category attribute selection broke in some recent update for me. I have skills that have a "Weapon Requirement" attribute and it's just a category attribute. If I create a new ItemDefinition and go to change it's weapon requirement the attribute just...
  5. D

Loading a save: Cannot add an item to an ItemCollection when it is already a member of an existing Item Collection

That's right, having my player set to DontDestroyOnLoad was too much trouble so I decided to instantiate it in every new scene instead. Awesome, those changes fixed it! Seems to be working flawlessly now. Thanks a lot.
  6. D

Loading a save: Cannot add an item to an ItemCollection when it is already a member of an existing Item Collection

My project is quite big, if you can't figure it out I'll try to find a way to send it to you. Here's the entire log for the warning: [Warning] The Mutable Item Initiates Vest is unable to be added to a new Item Collection ItemCollection Equipment (Equipped) when it is already a member of an...
  7. D

Hey, I'm getting this warning when loading a save (I edited the warning to show what the existing ItemCollection is): The Mutable Item Initiates Vest is unable to be added to a new Item Collection ItemCollection Equipment (Equipped) when it is already a member of an existing Item Collection...
  8. D

Cannot convert object '' to type 'UnityEngine.GameObject'

Hey, I keep running into this error when using the Inventory Manager to edit GameObject attributes. It happens when I have a GameObject Attribute with some value in it and then I try to clear it. For example I have "Particles" GameObject attribute field and I add "FireEffect" GameObject in...
  9. D

The most minimal way to get dragging working on a custom UI element?

Hi, I'm using UIS for abilities and when the player gains a new ability I'm showing a popup that says stuff like "(name of ability) unlocked!" and a icon of the ItemInfo that was unlocked (unlocking is done via a bool attribute). What I need is to make the icon draggable like UIS ItemViews so...
  10. D

Getting ItemDefinitions list of strings attribute problem

Hey, I asked about this on discord earlier, but I simply can't get it to work and I don't understand why. So I have equipment that have array of ItemDefinitions that represent slotted gems. The slots can be null. Then on the gems I have a list of strings to represent the attribute bonuses the...
  11. D

Minor Main Editor Bug With Search Bar

Thanks! That's a perfectly fine solution, there's no need to maintain the scroll position I believe, don't think it harms the UX at all.
  12. D

Minor Main Editor Bug With Search Bar

Hey, As mentioned on discord if I scroll down the list of ItemDefinitions in the main editor and use try to use the search bar the list shows irrelevant items. But if the scrollbar is at the top the search works just fine. Just a small bug, but can be a bit annoying. Here's a video of the bug...
  13. D

Crafting Menu With Dynamic Category Tabs

Ahh, thank you I got it! I added a bunch of Tab Toggle prefabs and deactivated them and change my code to this: // Hide all tabs for (int i = 0; i < m_CraftingRecipeGrid.TabControl.m_Content.childCount; i++) { m_CraftingRecipeGrid.TabControl.m_Content.GetChild...
  14. D

Ugh, I'll give that a go then. I avoided having to do that because I'm going to have quite a lot of crafting categories (each primary material has their own category, like Copper Bar etc.), so I tried doing this to a save me having to do UI work. I'll let you know how it works out.
  15. D

Hey, I'm struggling to figure out how to make a crafting menu with dynamic tabs for categories. The category tabs shown would depend on what crafting categories the Crafter has. I have a custom crafting menu script with this as my SetCrafter function: public override void SetCrafter...