Recent content by dereklam0528

1. D

Top Down Local Multiplayer camera

One more thing i just notice, when I am using Cinemachine ViewType on with camera pointing downward. My character projectile will shoot downward.....
  2. D

Virtual Control - New Unity Input System

I can manage do the jump acton, but when I implement the Horizontal axis. It can sometimes do the walking, but not always works. I think it is because there is something keeps on reseting the axis back to 0. I did remove the keyboard button from the Horizontal action, but still no luck.
  3. D

almost correct. Think of a game like overcooked. Multiple local player with ONE camera only. I cannot assign multiple characters on the camera control. You mentioned LocalLookSource component or ILookSource at the top. I don’t quite understand how it works. If I don’t assign character to...
  4. D

This is where I get confused about. The new input system has "On Screen Stick" component that let me assign to the left stick on a gamepad, I (see image below). I also tried with other component "On Screen Button" and hopefully do a jump, but still doesn't work. What can I do?
  5. D

Hello, I am doing something very similar, except I am using Unity Cinemachine to create the top down view. I have a character with Top Down movement type and attached the LocalLookSource component. I want the character to look at the direction that he is moving and only mouse position when...
  6. D

Hello, I am having problem with implementing Virtual Control with the new Unity Input System. I have it working on keyboard and mouse on editor, and I am want to try the virtual input. I tried with the "On Screen Stick" component that come with the new input system, but no luck. Is there any...
  7. D

Don't immediately re-enable input after respawn

Hi, Is there any way to avoid player input immediately after respawn on death? I want to keep player idle a few seconds before s/he can start again? At the moment I create a script that inherits "UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler" and override the Respawn method which doesn't enable the...
  8. D

Can't add items to script execution order. Error: ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Assets/Opsive/Shared/Game/

I have the same issue. I am using Unity 2020, not sure if this helps. No other compile errors in the Unity project
  9. D

ultimateCharacterLocomotion setPositionAndRotation VS Respawn

What is the major difference between setPositionAndRotation and Respawn at particular position? I assume setPositionAndRotation using the ultimateCharacterLocomotion class will let existing character status remain the same, such as inventory or item etc. But Respawn will reset everything to...
  10. D

Carry or lifting up item to move around

I thought about it too. but the thing is I will have like 20+ or more item depends on the level design. It could be a puppy or cat or plants etc. I feel like it is not feasible to add all the item one by one in the inventory. Unless I can have an item that most cases and I just need to...
  11. D

Carry or lifting up item to move around

hi, I am trying to allow my third person character to lift up and carry item around like mario carrying a penguin around. He can still jump and walk around. I am not sure how to approach this. Do I need to create a new ability? Or I can use the interact ability as I will need character to...
  12. D

How to add timer on intractable object?

Never mind, I worked it out myself.
  13. D

How to add timer on intractable object?

Hi, I am very new into this plugin. I am just wondering how to implement "ability" or a way that character will interact with an object, e.g. picking lock for 10 sec. During this time if player move the character or press cancel, character will stop interacting, but if player waits until the...
  14. D

Throw Direction

Hi, After I solved the issue. I am facing another issue. I am swapping the animation from the one I have got from Asset Store. I have got the animation event implemented etc. However, the item is thrown at an angle (side way) and I don't know why. You can watch the video to get more info.