Recent content by DavidC

1. D

Weapon Cooldown Option

If you don't understand state machines and event systems. I recommend reading up on them enough to understand them conceptually. Almost everything I mentioned can be done in the inspector window under opsive components.
  2. D

[Bugs?] Vanilla Deathmatch AI Kit

1. Yes, just once. Mostly brought it up in case it was related to the high-speed collision thing you fixed in UCC recently. 2. If you look at the mesh collider, you can see the hole. The bottom of the "beam" (black) has a mesh, but the whole beam is on the VFX layer. I'm not crouching...
  3. D

Suggestion on touch controls?

Rewired has a very good reputation https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/integrations/rewired/ There's also "incontrol" which is more focused on mobile, I think? Haven't heard much about it, though...
  4. D

Weapon Cooldown Option

Haven't tried this, but this is what I would try: On reload, set a custom state that changes reload from "manual" to automatic. This state should be something like "Energy Weapon" Then on your energy weapon, set reload to "Single" instead of full. Turn off the animation events. Change the...
  5. D

3. Hitting esc, then clicking on "resume" you do not regain mouse/look control. Only way to resolve is to alt+tab out of the window and click back in. 4. (Suggestion) have the shield on by default or even have an option for it in the menu to enable/disable. I'd say this for base ucc, too...
  6. D

2020.3.17f1 Everything just downloaded, and imported, exactly per documentation, no extras. 1. Shooting an agent on the upper catwalk pushed the agent into/through the catwalk. I wasn't able to grab a screenshot before another agent killed the stuck one, so I made this hyper-realistic...
  7. D

First person arms in UFPS hanging uselessly

So, this helped me figure it out. I looked closer and realized that the child animator monitor component was missing. I added that, and things worked as expected. Thanks!
  8. D

Equip Bow on left hand

To add to this, I recommend just having a "slot" type category for each slot under "equippable." IE, left hand, right hand, head, grenade, magic, feet, etc. (For whatever "slots" your game will have).
  9. D

First person arms in UFPS hanging uselessly

1. Working on a project for someone else in UFPS. I can't get either the demo arms or the arms made with FPS meshkit to animate. No parameters are being updated in the controller, so they continually sit in the idle state. What's supposed hook into that to update those parameters? I've...
  10. D

Weapons with LOD?

To clarify, I thought some of the opsive scripts needed to be on the render object, which gets enabled/disabled by LOD? Is this not how it works?
  11. D

Weapons with LOD?

Is there a way to setup weapons to use LOD models? I haven't found anything mentioning it in my searches, so if it's explained somewhere, please point me to it! Edit: Same question but for characters?
  12. D

Use items without equipping them

My first thought is to have them equip into the "grenade" slot, set the equip/unequip time of all spells to 0, and do something to make sure that "use slot 2" always fires after "equip slot 2."
  13. D

Can you swap out animation controllers at runtime?

Oh, perfect. This is exactly the type of thing I need. Any reason the demo controller might not be well suited? I'm not familiar enough with controllers to know what practices are good/bad, or what ways you can do them. I've watched a few tutorials and they all seem to be about the same as...
  14. D

Can you swap out animation controllers at runtime?

I was wondering if there was a better way to "organize" the animation controller. I am going to have several different sets of animations depending on what weapons are carried. Considering how complicated the controller already is, I'm wondering if this is possible and makes sense to do?
  15. D

UCC agent can't get closer to nearby target - recommended AIPath values ?

It probably depends on the graph's resolution for A*. I did increase mine because it was having trouble connecting some tunnels in my map, otherwise.