Recent content by DavidC

1. D

Interact Ability and Ability System in general (long and detailed bug-ish report)

I am saying, if m_Interactable isn't properly set, you get a null reference error in the code during the execution stream of the line. So, code tracing: However, even fixing this, there's like 10 other problems with extending Interact, currently, so it's really just not at all possible...
  2. D

Interact Ability and Ability System in general (long and detailed bug-ish report)

Forgot to mention, I updated to 3.0.10 just before this. | get a NullReferenceException. Not on the step of MoveTowardsLocation, but because m_Interactable is null. The target of the interaction has Interactable, Move Towards Location, and a script that implements IInteractableTarget as per...
  3. D

So, overall, writing Abilities from scratch is a lot of work, so ideally it'd be better to extend and overwrite similar abilities (for example, Height Change if you were to make a shrink/growth ability). I've had luck with this in some cases, but this latest time, I've been hitting a number of...
  4. D

How can we Improve?

What crashes are you getting? I have issues with Unity 2022, but not with 2021, so I'm surprised to hear this. Unity 2022 seems to have more issues in general (unrelated to Opsive). Typically I'm getting errors related to Unity Editor Redraws and Memory leaks. It's unfortunate you spent...
  5. D

Difficulties with Generic Ability + TryStartAbility(ability, true)

I figured out most of the issues I was running into. 1. If you use the attribute function to regenerate health, that function itself seems to force the ability to stop when the player reaches full health. Unfortunately, I want the ability to continue until my script stops it. This also means...
  6. D

Difficulties with Generic Ability + TryStartAbility(ability, true)

So the initial and biggest issue is that for the Generic Ability, even if I turn it to "Automatic" during runtime, it never says Generic "___" (active). However, if I add damage to the player, they are healing like you might expect (and not when I haven't changed the start type). I tried...
  7. D

How can we Improve?

1. Great! I might add one more level to show how an item definition isn't actually a "game item" but a blueprint for an item. In other words, one more row of boxes that shows like Iron Sword Item Instance (exists in chest inventory) Iron Sword Item Instance (exists in player's inventory)...
  8. D

How can we Improve?

Maybe a flow chart infographic explaining how different things tie together to make an item? I think a lot of the confusion probably stems from understanding the structure of inheritance and how it all comes together to make an item that exists in the game world (and furthermore explaining...
  9. D

UCC 3.05 issue (small-ish)

Also applies to "AtlasInput" and "Items" game objects.
  10. D

UCC 3.05 issue (small-ish)

When creating a character in UCC 3.05, everything works fine if the character is already at world center coordinates, eg zeroed. If you create the character elsewhere, non-model object components end up at 0.0, and then pressing "F" zooms you way out, or selecting the character to move them...
  11. D

Issue with movement after V3 migration

Hi Justin, I ended up just recreating the character, using the copy component function, which solved whatever the issue was.
  12. D

Bug/Crash: "Inspector.Repaint" UCC3.05 + UIS on locomotion component with prefab open

I don't think this is related to UIS. Reproduce: Unity 2022.2.1f1 UCC 3.05 UIS 1.2.12 Integration Clean project Open "Atlas" prefab. Have Atlas parent selected. Have inspector window on UC Locomotion component. Periodic flashes of "Hold on" loading window. Says "Inspector.Repaint" or...
  13. D

So I do see in the demo that the rig is all layer "Subcharacter." This makes me think the migration manager doesn't update these layers. However, I changed Atlas so all the layers on "Character" and it didn't cause Atlas to have issues.
  14. D

I wasn't, but I now am, and I'm still experiencing problems with the character moving slowly and related capsule weirdness. 1. Once I go to runtime that Y value changes to 0, but it does seem to apply. Maybe this is intended, but thought I'd mention it. 2. Character is still moving slowly...
  15. D

After V3 migration, the character started to move slowly. I suspected it might be the character's leg colliders + movement capsule collider getting stuck on the terrain. Looking at the character at run time, it seemed the capsule was too high up the character, like at knee height. I tried...