Recent content by DankP3

1. D

[BUG] Why does AnimatorMonitor check Ability float != -1.

Changing the -1 on the IntData may break things for users as I sense people have adopted that as a way to not use IntData... but can't be sure. The float change makes sense to me, thank you.
  2. D

Sorry to bump this, is this on the 'to look at list' still or did you decide not to change?
  3. D

Updating Version 3 Opsive

Just to say that I don't see 3.0.12 in the asset store, and that the 3.0.10 reported in asset store and package manager downloads and calls itself 3.0.11 (visible on the installer file (iirc) and the opsive manager front window)
  4. D

UCC & UIS - Weapon Disappearing when rotating camera

Just to add that the material needs to be transparency compatible to fade and this works in HDRP.
  5. D

Ultimate Steamworks Networking - Assets Project (Fish-Net, Mirror and Netcode)

@Pesadelo do Espantalho - just wondering if you are in the opsive discord to talk to potential customers who can't log in here (not current opsive customers)?
  6. D

1. Character controller variant (Ultimate Character Controller, First Person Controller, etc). UCC 3.0.10; UNITY 2021.3.19f1 2. Unity version (include which SRP, beta Unity versions aren't supported) URP 3. Bug description I cannot set the AbilityFloat to -1 (e.g. if using an axis input). It...
  7. D

AgilityPackImportError

Ucc latest version is 3.0.10. Agility pack is 2.0.2, it was just updated to work with Ucc 3.0.10. I would guess you maybe have the new agility pack with an out of date ucc version.
  8. D

V3/V2 Excessive camera bob & rotation + hand rotation on character

What sort of setup is this? A third person character with first person viewtype? You are using an animated head bone as an anchor, hence the bobbing when moving, this would explain points 1 and 2? You cannot control that movement with viewtype settings. For point 3, you can turn off the hand IK...
  9. D

Crouching Abiliity

It is called HeightChange
  10. D

Top-Down Character Controller with Gamepad

Giving extra thought to this, whatever your solution to the issues mentioned above, I think it would be good to add the controller look names to IPlayerInput for additional future flexibility?
  11. D

Top-Down Character Controller with Gamepad

@Justin I think there may still be an error here? in PlayerInput.Update(), I can see how it switches between controller type to set the LookVector (with the setup you describe above). This appears to work correctly. However, both Pseudo3d and TopDown ViewTypes (perhaps others) are directly...
  12. D

Fire Weapon only when aim/zoomed?

On the Aim ability, check the box 'append item' next to the state name. If the state is 'Aim' and the weapon is 'Rifle' a state called 'AimRifle' will be set allowing use if presets with aiming of specific items.
  13. D

Get ability by string reference

I see your point with inheritance. Until now, I have never needed to use an index
  14. D

Get ability by string reference

I am struggling to see why you would want two of the same ability like this, especially concurrent ones. With the example you give, you could have one speed ability that switches between fast and slow states using the state system and presets.
  15. D

Can we run the v3 controller in Update, not FixedUpdate?

I had UCCv2 running nicely with another asset in Update, but it stutters when FixedUpdate is used. Is it possible to use Update in v3 and if not is it likely in the future?