Recent content by dandesign

1. D

No clamping for weapon sway?

Hey, so I've recently added a weapon to my project, and there's an issue with being able to see what the player isn't supposed to see when they quickly bring the mouse down or up. In the video I first quickly keep bringing the mouse downwards, then I repeat the same with a controller. I'm...
  2. D

Why are there 2 separate controllers - one for the Character, and one for the arms?

You'll want to have both the body and the arms separated, because what looks okay for body animations, does not look okay for the first person perspective, e.g.: most people don't normally run with the weapon raised so that they can always see it, but usually, you'd want that in a first person...
  3. D

Changing the controller's minimum input magnitude to begin animations?

So I've messed around with the damping value a bit, but it seems that there's always just a tiny gap where the animation starts to play, but the character doesn't move. Past a certain value, the opposite happens - the player starts to move, but the animation doesn't play. I suppose there's a...
  4. D

No root motion. I did replace the animations. I'm on 2.1.10, which appears to be the latest. I've opened up a new project with just the controller, and it seems like the issue is still there in the demo scene. Turning root motion on or off doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm fine with the...
  5. D

Hello, I've been working on animations recently, and I've noticed that when I push the stick very very slightly forwards, the walking animation will begin to play, but the player will stand in place. I am using Rewired, though it seems to be happening with default Unity's input as well. This...
  6. D

How do I change a door from "F" to onClick to interact

You can remap keys inside Edit > Project settings > Input Manager, and change the bindings there. The FOV can be changed on the Camera Controller script, right under the section "Rendering". For game controllers, I'd recommend looking into Rewired or other input solutions that the Opsive...
  7. D

[Bug] Moving during AimAssist target switch behavior breaks aim assist

Okay, so after a bit of poking around, it seems that in that particular scenario the script gets stuck on m_SwitchingTargets = true, hence the aim assist no longer works. To fix this, add m_SwitchingTargets = false; to here: Everything works properly now. Thanks for the pointer!
  8. D

Higher break forces makes it a lot more "sticky", which isn't what we want. We don't exactly want to forcefully make the camera aim somewhere, just softly guide it to the button, so we need the break force to be very small. It's also worth mentioning that this bug can be reproduced with the...
  9. D

Hi, We're currently working on a puzzle game and have added some aim assist on the puzzle buttons to make it a bit easier for controller players. In case 2 buttons are close, we're also allowing the player to quickly switch between the buttons using the Aim Assist Handler script, which has a...
  10. D

Capsule collider height not changing

Same here - would love to be able to modify the crouch enter and exit speeds. The way it snaps right now is very jarring.
  11. D

Slide doesn't carry momentum when the slide ability stops

That's great to hear. What I ended up doing was get the velocity a frame before the ability stops, then add it as external force (with a bit more going downwards, as sometimes it would launch the player into the air) and spread it out through a few frames. Not as smooth as the original UFPS...
  12. D

Slide doesn't carry momentum when the slide ability stops

Hi, I'm working on a project, and currently, when the player walks down a steep hill, they start sliding. That works fine, but the problem is, that when the slide ability stops, the player just comes to an abrupt stop. I've tested this on a clean, UCC-only project, and the same behavior is...
  13. D

Cancelling zoom (either through an event or code) can be "interrupted" by spamming the zoom button.

Can't repro on a clean project, but neither can I repro on my own project anymore. I've removed "Zoom State" string that UCC exposes from my "StopZoom" preset, and am only dealing with "Can Zoom", and it works perfectly now. Very strange. Appreciate the reply.
  14. D

Cancelling zoom (either through an event or code) can be "interrupted" by spamming the zoom button.

Tried commenting out code that deals with the zoom behaviour, but to no avail. The little "jumps" still happen. Decided to just outright disable Fire2 input from Rewired while we're transitioning back to base FOV from a zoom, or just a simple FOV switch, then enable it back when that's done. A...
  15. D

Hey, So I've currently ran into a problem where I'm working on the player controller. I've set up a few triggers where the player can't use zoom. If the player is zooming, and they enter that trigger, the camera disallows zooming, and the camera starts returning to the normal FOV. The problem...