Recent content by CurioShelf

1. C

Movement on camera change question.

Thank you!
  2. C

Movement on camera change question.

Good morning, I've been bonking my head this morning trying to figure this out. Any advice would be very helpful. When I am using the static camera in a UCC project everything is working great. W moves away from the camera A moves toward etc... The problem begins when a character walks across...
  3. C

Transition From first to third person view

ActivateViewType Method got it. Will find that in the code and see what I can come up with.
  4. C

Static View Type

It's really handy to be certain. Just needs a few small changes to make it perfect. For example, I have mine switching between different cameras and adopting the new camera's view transform and rotation using return m_Transform.parent.rotation; and return m_Transform.parent.position;. Just as...
  5. C

Transition From first to third person view

Good afternoon, When transitioning from first to third person view, the first person camera attaches facing whichever way the third person camera is looking. How could I set it so that instead the first person camera is oriented in the direction the character is facing. This would keep it from...
  6. C

Static View Type

return m_CharacterRigidbody.rotation * Vector3.forward; Thank you for the update to the example code. The camera is now doing what I was hoping for. Now to keep digging through the rest of the documentation.
  7. C

Static View Type

Currently the documentation has an example of a camera that keeps the same position/rotation. In V2 I was able to use the example view type with the Third Party Adventure Movement and get the results I needed. In V3 the example does not compile due to m_charactermovement. If I remove...
  8. C

Static View Type

Good afternoon, Thanks for moving this to the correct location. For context incase this helps anyone else. I’m trying to work through the example view type posted in the documentation. Based on our conversation in the general forum, m_transform.forward and m_charactertransform.forward should...
  9. C

View Type Example Question

Is there anything I can post or provide that could help?
  10. C

It is a fresh project with only UCC installed. Also to verify, in the static cam example in the documentation script I should not use m_CharacterTransform.forward or transform.forward? Ok will look into the link you posted.
  11. C

Thank you so much for responding on a Sunday. Two more things. 1. Once I added the update I received another error about "m_CharacterTransform" not existing. I looked into another view and did not find any reference to m_CharacterTransform.Forward. However, I did find that you used...
  12. C

I created a fresh install of V3, unity version 2022.1.23f1, and am working through the documentation so I can grow an understanding of the changes. When I got to the viewtype example for a static camera I receive an error. I remember I had this example working before V3 release. Can someone...