Recent content by ChristianWiele

1. C

AI transform synced but not applied w/ A* Pathfinding integration

I found the issue. The update method of my AI was set to fixed update. Switching to update solved the problem. But I wonder why I can't use fixed update?
  2. C

AI transform synced but not applied w/ A* Pathfinding integration

Hi, I have an AI that is moved by A* Pathfinding and the corresponding UCC integration. If I run it with PUN, the transform is synced, but the AI remains unmoved on the client. I checked that the transform position is synced over the PunTransformMonitor (sent and received). Also the update...
  3. C

Prevent camera from rotating with platform

Thanks, created my own view type with the platform rotation removed.
  4. C

Prevent camera from rotating with platform

Hi, I would like the 3rd person camera to stop from rotating with a moving platform. If the character is on a rotating platform, the camera is constantly adjusted to stick to a relative position to the character. What do I have to do that the camera follows only the translation, but not the...
  5. C

AbilityIndex not synched

Thanks for the quick fix. Now it works just fine.
  6. C

AbilityIndex not synched

You can reproduce the problem on the demo scene: 1.) Start the scene in the editor and a build 2.) Enable PunAnimatorMonitor logging for the remote character in the editor 3.) Move the remote character 4.) the first ability index change in the editor is not logged
  7. C

AbilityIndex not synched

I found the issue, but I don't know what it means. The PunAnimatorMonitor sets the m_SnappedAbilityIndex initially to 0 (idle state). Now I set the ability index to 500 (fly state), but the if statement below (in the OnPhotonSerializeView) is false. So the ability index on the client is not...
  8. C

AbilityIndex not synched

I have cleaned up some code. Now I have the following effect. The RPC is always called. It calls the TryStartAbility which will always return false. The first time I start the ability, the ability is not started on the remote client. But after stopping and starting the ability again, the ability...
  9. C

AbilityIndex not synched

Hi, I created my own ability to ride a bird (corresponds to the ride/rideable ability). The only issue I am facing is that the ability is not started on the remote client (right character), so the ability index is not set (which I am using for the animation). I am not using the mount / dismount...
  10. C

PUN and Ride / Rideable ability question

Hi, some time ago, I implemented my own solution for the drive ability, which required handling ownership and the controller on my own. Now, I am taking a look at the ride ability. The difference is that the horse also uses UCC as a controller. If I spawn a horse on the master client, then on...
  11. C

Rideable moving in camera / ILookSource direction ?

The issue is that the horse has no camera attached. And without camera, no direction information is available on the horse. I have created my own solution in the meantime. On starting the ability, I attach the camera of the character to the horse (or in my case it's actually a bird ...). I also...
  12. C

Throwable object issue with PUN

It occurs when I am the client. Then the exception is thrown on the master client.
  13. C

See my own reply above, it also occurs on a fresh installed demo scene with the grenade pickup.
  14. C

BTW, the same error occurs on the PUN demo scene with the grenade pickup. 2020.1.17f1 UCC 2.2.7 PUN Add-on 1.1.7 PUN 2.26
  15. C

Hi, I created a throwable object (coconut) with a corresponding pickup. The player can pick up the coconut and throw it. On collision, the coconut is destroyed. The pickup is automatically respawned. The pickup / throwable have been set up with PUN. The throwable is of type grenade as I want an...