Recent content by chaneynow

1. C

Null Reference in Task.OnEnd() when stopping play Unity 2020.1

Yes Unity randomly chooses which gameobjects to destroy from the scene thus it's an error that occurs randomly. It's just very strange that this only started with the upgrade to 2020.1. I'm still researching what's going on but thanks for your reply.
  2. C

Null Reference in Task.OnEnd() when stopping play Unity 2020.1

I have an odd thing that just started occurring after I upgraded to Unity 2020.1. I have a Random occurrence of Null Reference exceptions when I stop play that always occurs on the override OnEnd() method in Tasks that were running when I stopped play. The Null Reference always refers to a...
  3. C

Request for IntList / SharedIntList

Excellent. Thanks Allan
  4. C

Request for IntList / SharedIntList

I am wondering why you don't have IntList / SharedIntList as a variable type? I have a need for SharedIntLists in my own custom tasks. I convert the string names of animator states into HashIDs using Animator.StringToHash(). The HashIDs are stored as Ints. I group them in Lists but there is...
  5. C

Decorator drawers with BD?

Justin, I sent you a conversation. Hopefully that's the same thing as a PM. Thanks Allan
  6. C

Decorator drawers with BD?

Header would be my top choice. My Task variable lists are a big mess with no way to sort them.
  7. C

Property Mappings, Shared Behavior Trees and mappings in code

Thanks. In the mean time, I've created a task that I can place at the beginning of my trees to Register Events and thanks to FormationGroup.cs, I learned there is a OnBehaviorComplete override that appears to work for Unregistering Events. This will allow me to get rid of most if not all of my...
  8. C

The first pic shows an external tree being used in a behavior Tree component on the CombatTreeExtBehavior gameobject with all of the variables mapped to their corresponding properties in EnemyController.cs on the ClimberController gameobject. The second pic shows the same tree on the...
  9. C

Justin, I'm running into a problem with trying to share External Behavior Trees. They act differently from Trees maintained within the component. If you have your Behavior Tree Component with External Behavior Tree connection on a gameobject within the character hierarchy other than the...
  10. C

Sharing behavior among agents

Thanks Justin. Your suggestion is how I have things setup now when trying to use an External Behavior. If you don't mind, I'm going to start a new thread on this so I don't takeover mbussi's thread.
  11. C

Sharing behavior among agents

External Behavior Trees only work if you are willing to go through the painstaking process of reestablishing all of your property mappings with each new use of that tree. My enemy CombatTree has 28 property mappings so it's a very cumbersome process. Would love for some way to be able to do...
  12. C

How to update Variable Property Mapping?

I would also like to know if there is any way to assign property mappings through code. I lose all property mappings when I share an External Behavior Tree placed on the External Behavior slot on the Behavior Tree Component. I understand why this happens. It's because the mappings are now to...
  13. C

Debugging Trees, Properties and ExecutionStatus

That would be great. I think this has been requested before but some kind of yellow exclamation mark or something on any Tree variables that are not being used in the Tree would be nice. The only other choice is to use the Amazing Find option and search the tree for each variable but that...
  14. C

Debugging Trees, Properties and ExecutionStatus

1. Is there any chance you can do an update where if a property in game code is changed, the connected Tree variable shows an error or goes Null? I make extensive use of properties in code to communicate between Trees and my game code. When I change the name of a property in a class that is...
  15. C

Creating a Header ObjectDrawer

I'll second or third this request. I made the same request in the Unity Forums and just want to make sure it goes here as well. Headers to be able to organize variables in custom tasks would be very helpful. Thanks Allan