Recent content by buhu

1. B

Restrict FPP look

Ok, I have yaw in inspector... just out of curiousity - is this stated somewhere in documentation or I suppose to know that? "Take a look at the FreeLook ViewType for an example. In that ViewType it can restrict the yaw to a specified number of degrees. The FirstPerson ViewType can then...
  2. B

Restrict FPP look

Hello. I need to have a custom viewtype in which I can limit player look around to certain degree. I made a custom viewtype as stated in this topic: topic first How I can expose limit values in the inspector?... Looks like adding public float max and public float min in this viewtype don't make...
  3. B

Accessing ViewType parameters.

Ok... I figured it out... I had to add in ViewType.cs : public virtual void ChangeRot() { } Then in Pseudo3D.cs : public override void ChangeRot() { ForwardAxis = new Vector3(Random.Range(-2, 2), 0, Random.Range(-2, 2)); } and then in my monobehaviour : var...
  4. B

Not working. I can't access ForwardAxis... I included namespaces: using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera.ViewTypes; using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.ThirdPersonController.Camera.ViewTypes; using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera;
  5. B

In Pseudo3d viewtype I have Forward axis vector3. Is there a way to access it from monobehaviour on runtime?
  6. B

Character Look At interactable object

I want something like: public void Interact(GameObject character) { character.transform.LookAt(transform); } but ofc this is not working... how can I access and set rotation of player to look at interactable object?
  7. B

How many AI agents?

Just wondering... are UCC AI agents are efficient way of making many (around 100?) NPC's ?
  8. B

Keep FPP viewtype but remove FPP items.

Can't you just point me to the script and line of code where whole fpp items setup/activation is being processed and I will just comment out what is inside this void?
  9. B

I didn't say I use only FPP view. I said I need only first person perspective - no features related to it (hands, items etc.). I have both perspectives and player can switch perspective freely and I want to use TPP model in FPP view (with changing head mesh material to transparent on switch...
  10. B

I need only first person perspective - no need for special hands animations and visable hands in FPP. I guess this is what's my problem with UCC - everything is so rigged and connected. I can't just use some of features... I have to use them all. See'ya in the next thread...
  11. B

hmm... I was using TPP model in FPP view for quite some time already and items is the first time when I actually stubble upon a problem with this approuch. There is no way to block items from expecting their fpp version?
  12. B

eeh... I have FPP and TPP viewtypes but I don't want to have fpp hands. Problem is with items in FPP. When I'm in TPP everything is fine, but when I switch to FPP I get errors connected with item.cs script on this line public bool IsActive() { return m_VisibleObjectActive &&...
  13. B

I'm confused now... What you mean? - item manager is inside Character Manager tab in Unity. When I select Item Manager from dropdown Tools-Opsive-UltimateCharacterController-ItemManager then Character manager tab opens.
  14. B

When I do it - controller stops working in FPP. :|
  15. B

*I managed to get rid of the errors by setting empty object (Torch) like that: Now I only have one error at start: Error: Unable to find the base object for item Torch. Ensure the item specifies a base object under the First Person Perspective Item So I guess the setup should be different -...