Recent content by beak

1. beak

PUN Player Hitbox Troubles

The client can shoot all of their shots fine, and they see all of their own, its as if the other players shots are not all being received.
  2. beak

I have also done a test with the pistol and one other person. The top line is me going along, shooting each square in a row until I run out of bullets, 12 shots. I got the person connected to do the same thing, starting at the same position, just one row below. Not every shot came through that...
  3. beak

Having trouble getting breakpoints in as there are namespace missing errors all through for some reason. One thing I have noticed doing some testing today, I seem to only see, hear and hear other players gunshots when they actually hit me. When they shoot me, and it doesnt damage me, I dont get...
  4. beak

I have tried doing this in the past, I am going to try again now. What should I particularly be looking out for, both what it should be hitting or something it shouldnt be hitting?
  5. beak

Apologies for the extremely late reply, been very busy with other things. Been about two months since this thread and I have on and off a few times had a chance to try to look into this in my spare time, and I still have not found a cause for this bug. Any ideas?
  6. beak

I managed to get a debug log in of the shot object, it seems to be hitting the capsule collider, but it seems inconsistent as to whether it actually does damage or not, since the shots that do damage are still hitting the capsule collider
  7. beak

Is there a way for me to use the On Hitscan Impact Event to get the impacted object rather than stepping through the script with breakpoints? I would rather have it log to the console the name of what I am hitting for future debugging
  8. beak

Is there a way for me to do the complete opposite of that, and log what object has been shot rather than what has taken damage. As the issue is I am not hitting the other player, its hitting something else.
  9. beak

I'm unsure how you mean to reproduce it in the demo scene sorry. I might be able to explain it better, the impacts seem to be hitting the player capsule, it just doesn't seem to be actually registering a hit on the other player. It only sometimes happens when shooting at like the hands and some...
  10. beak

I have just followed the tutorials to setup a scene, character and all that for PUN, and created a runtime pickup pistol to be used by the players. I haven't really fiddled with anything outside of what the tutorials explain as I have had this problem. I cant upload a screenshot if it helps
  11. beak

Hey all, I have been having a strange issue after creating a shootable weapon for my multiplayer game. I can shoot and thats all good, but hitting other players there seems to be some capsule collider around them that blocks the bullets. There is a chance to hit them if shooting in certain...
  12. beak

Getting error CS1061: 'ShootableWeapon' does not contain a definition for 'HitscanDamage', what am I missing

Hi Andrew, I have attached the full error log here, and this is a fresh project with the latest install of the FPS Controller.
  13. beak

Getting error CS1061: 'ShootableWeapon' does not contain a definition for 'HitscanDamage', what am I missing

This is a fresh install of the latest First Person Controller to URP 2020
  14. beak

"First Person Objects" Child Object Disappears

Hey guys, Whenever I start my game, my first person objects part of my player seems to disappear, does anyone have an idea as to why this happens? Thanks!