Recent content by artius

1. A

Issue with agents on different elevation

I ended up fixing it. I set my target offset too high but just high enough for the raycast to register and not register between frames. It wasn't as noticeable on flat ground.
  2. A

Issue with agents on different elevation

Hi, I'm having an issue with the Can See Object and Seek tasks. I have them connected with a Sequence task with a Self conditional abort. When on the same ground level as the player, or the player is up stairs it works as expected, but if the player is standing on a floating platform the agent...
  3. A

How to control rotation of Tactical Agents

Thanks, Justin.
  4. A

I figured that was the case. So would it be safe to say that I'd need to either subclass the TacticalAgent or create a new TacticalAgentCustom, then either override or create a new RotateTowards, then have the actions inherit from the new class?
  5. A

I'm using the Tactical Pack and trying to get an agent to aim at a target. It works, but it rotates the entire object rather than a specific transform. Is there a way to set what transforms rotate up and down when aiming?
  6. A

First person character without third person animation controller

Completely missed this. I thought you needed both third and first components attached. This was exactly what I needed, thanks.
  7. A

First person character without third person animation controller

Is there a way to remove the need for a third person body while using the first person perspective? I'm trying to remove the need for juggling two animation controllers.
  8. A

Triggering abilities with the Interact Ability

I'm looking for it just to fade out the screen, teleport the player to the new place, then fade the scene back in. Not a true ladder climb. I ended up using the code for the teleporter in the demo scene and making it implement the IInteractableTarget. So, on interact, it will teleport the player.
  9. A

Triggering abilities with the Interact Ability

I'm about to start going through the process of trying to interact with a ladder then doing a fade-in/out transition to be at the opposite end. My thought is to try and set up the ladder with the Interactable component and add an IInteractableTarget Component to the player that will trigger the...
  10. A

Top Down movement with Cinemachine camera

I ended up swapping off of this camera view. It ended up being more complicated than we needed.
  11. A

Top Down movement with Cinemachine camera

Hi, I've set up a series of cameras in cinemachine that will change the angle that the camera is rotated while looking at the player. I'm trying to marry that up with a twin stick setup and have the player character rotate relative to the right stick's position. I was thinking of modifying the...
  12. A

Problem setting up melee weapons

To clarify, I had the same issue and I went and changed the Hand Weight value from 1 to 0 in the CharacterIK component of the player. This is the same value listed in the MeleeCharacterIKPreset file.
  13. A

Camera slowly rolls the longer you play

I took a look and it looks like it's not the camera that's tilting, but the player. I'm using AddForce to create a dash. I think what's happening is that the character is being yanked through solid objects and being forced to rotate.
  14. A

Camera slowly rolls the longer you play

I'm having an issue where the camera's the axis slowly rotates the more you collide with other objects. I'm not sure what the problem is.
  15. A

Item Substate Index is not updating the Animator

This ended up being close to the issue. The animation event was probably not in the right spot on the anim timeline. I swapped it to not use events and it worked. Thanks.