Recent content by Arakade

1. A

BehaviorManager Update Interval Manual best practise / advice?

I appreciate the likely sage advice. I guess that's due to the "premature optimisation" rule? My game already has a high CPU load already so I'm looking to recover it where I can. I'm only running a couple of AI agents atm. You're right that I maybe should wait until they're consistently...
  2. A

BehaviorManager Update Interval Manual best practise / advice?

I've often wondered whether it might be advantageous to switch from BehaviorManager from "Every frame" to "Manual". I imagine there's probably some pivot where more than a certain number of AIs and/or number of nodes that get evaluated each frame makes it beneficial to switch. Obviously there's...
  3. A

CompareTag()

heh, ok thx. But no extra allocations in a comparison? ... I found the idea that string equality checking would cause allocations unexpected in the obvious case -- both already in managed heap. The impression I got from that reference was that `gameObject.tag` retrieves a new copy of the C++...
  4. A

CompareTag()

That's intriguing -- just due to being a reference type or are there string specific gotchas. (I'm not a big use of strings or tags but still good to know.) Thx
  5. A

CompareTag()

Hey I learnt recently about `GameObject.CompareTag()` when Rider suggested it had better performance than a "explicit string comparison". I'm not sure of difference to use of `string.Equals()` but see this answers question for some notes indicating it allocates! I noticed `HasEnteredTrigger`...
  6. A

Tree broken during upgrade?

Not sure. I'll have to check next week. What actions will I need to perform to ensure it updates properly? If not, what manual file changes would I need to perform to update to the new form? I tried to create a lookup table from names to numbers by working in reverse but couldn't seem to get...
  7. A

Tree broken during upgrade?

Hi, Justin I have some external behaviours that I haven't checked for a while but would like any suggestions with restoring to working order please! There seem to be a couple of problems: - some ”left hand sides” in the JSON are numeric (e.g. instead of ”Int32mValue”, it had an integer), -...
  8. A

Assembly Definition Files + Source

oh that's very kind. thank you. Agh! Old forum content not duplicated here? Doh, should have considered that! Right, just searched the old forum. I found this thread from Bert who basically gave up and this one from aian. So sadly no hints there. I'd wondered about doing the same as Bert...
  9. A

Oh that's interesting. I did search the forum in the hope someone had posted the solution. Any chance you might have a link / idea where I could find out how they did it? It's blocking a project's upgrade to 2018 which I need to resolve another problem! (you know how it goes) Also do you...
  10. A

Hi Please can you help me get Behaviour Designer (from source) working with Unity's Assembly Definition Files. The problem is `BehaviorDesignerEditor.dll` has a dependency on `Assembly-CSharp-firstpass` assembly. The ideal for asmdefs use is no 'Unity default' assemblies. After one adds an...