Recent content by Andrew

1. Andrew

Which components can be transferred between characters independent of character model or animations?

Nope, having different models on each of the variants should just work. One thing to look out for is the avatar/rig of each of the models. If they're all of the standard humanoid type then it should be fine, but if you see any weird animation issues (with bone targeting/positioning) then you...
  2. Andrew

"Can't Call Animator.Update on inactive object"

I believe this is just how the Animator component works in Unity - I think you should manually disable the Animator component before disabling the gameobject, then re-enable it after the gameobject is enabled. One thing to be aware of is that disabling an Animator component causes its state to...
  3. Andrew

Camera Sway Question

If you've got "Fire In Look Source Direction" enabled on your ShootableWeapon, then the camera position spring should affect the weapon's firing direction as expected. I tested this by increasing the Shake Amplitude value of the First Person Combat viewtype and using the Assault Rifle (which has...
  4. Andrew

How do I block abilities while the player is rotating?

Character rotation doesn't use the spring system -- the yaw value is dampened by the "Yaw Damping Time" property on the AnimatorMonitor component, so if you set it to 0 it will get set to its target value immediately.
  5. Andrew

Which components can be transferred between characters independent of character model or animations?

You should look into Unity's prefab variants feature. You can have a "base" character prefab which you use to modify all the characters' abilities, items, physics, etc., then have any number of variants of that prefab, each of which can have different models, animators, etc. Just be a bit...
  6. Andrew

Puppetmaster impact registration

You could use the OnItemStartUse event I suppose, but I feel like you'd want this to happen when a projectile actually collides with an object, no? Yeah sounds like you'd need to add a custom script to the character prefab and register to the OnImpactEvent as Klin suggested.
  7. Andrew

Some problems with FP view

Yeah you should be able to just send me a DM through my profile I believe
  8. Andrew

Puppetmaster impact registration

I'm not familiar with Puppetmaster so I can't comment on that side of things. The Projectile component executes the "OnImpact" event when it collides with an object, so you could listen to that event to execute any other code you need. An explanation and example script of this is on this page...
  9. Andrew

My projectiles are sometimes getting stuck to my "shield" - weird exceptions in AnimatorAudioState

Yeah unfortunately that's the way item actions are designed. For items that are always "equipped" independently of one another, the solution is to use additional item slots. You can have any number of item slots, so you can easily have a separate item slot for each item.
  10. Andrew

Way to fix arms while switching weapon?

That's based on the "Position Exit Offset" and "Rotation Exit Offset" values on the item's FirstPersonPerspectiveItem component, under "Position/Rotation Spring". Those values define the position and rotation of the object when it's unequipped/inactive.
  11. Andrew

How do I block abilities while the player is rotating?

You can use the state system to disable abilities (i.e. add a state preset to each ability that you want to disable which sets "Enabled" to false, and assign that state preset to the relevant state name). The issue here is how to activate that state, since the basic rotational movement is not an...
  12. Andrew

Some problems with FP view

Hm, I just had a dig through the source and I don't think the FixedUpdate thing should be an issue because the projectile should still get instantiated within the Update loop... (although I would suggest at least trying to switch between Update/FixedUpdate to see if anything changes) Bit stumped...
  13. Andrew

Reloading audio with animation events

Hm can't say I've seen that camera rendering issue before... looks like you're using a very recent version of Unity, I'd check on their forums to see if anyone else has had this issue as well. There may be some camera rendering order type thing that needs to be set.
  14. Andrew

Pickup item w/animation questions/issues

Hm yeah I see what you mean, those two things (the item being added to the inventory, and the item pickup object being destroyed) do happen at 2 different times. The item pickup object is destroyed within ObjectPickup.ObjectPickedUp, so as I suggested before you should be able to just override...
  15. Andrew

Modified Interact Ability stops before ButtonUp

Not sure what some of the stuff in that script refers to e.g. InteractiveItem so it's kinda hard to debug it. But if you want to do a hold+release key ability, you should use the Button Down Continuous start type (like the Speed Change ability), or you could use Long Press depending on which...