Recent content by afterthecloud

1. afterthecloud

Importing the Input integration causes 153 compilation errors

Thanks for the write-up, this solved my issue too! Saved many many hours!!!! (I upgraded from 2021.2.19 to 2021.3.2f1 and it triggered this issue)
  2. afterthecloud

External script to trigger Interactable

Yeah I thought about that, but wasn't sure if there would be any side effects without the player being referenced. Good to know, thanks!
  3. afterthecloud

Ok, I figured it out. I'll share it here in case anyone else is interested. Not great naming, but hopefully it makes sense. GameObject OpsiveObjectWithInteractable; GameObject playerInteracting; var opsiveGameObject = OpsiveObjectWithInteractable.GetComponent<Interactable>(); var interactor...
  4. afterthecloud

Are there any tutorials or examples of how to get an external object to trigger an interactable (such as the Shop or Crafting Stable in the demo scene) from a c# script without using a collider trigger? Looking to open both via a keypress instead of by colliding. The interact method takes a...
  5. afterthecloud

can't open menu after updating to 1.1.7

Thanks Bitmore, I had the same issue, and moving them up outside of the full layout object fixed the issues. (y)
  6. afterthecloud

UIS + UCC / Unity 2020.2 Can't interact with item pickup

In case it's of any use to others, it turns out to be a strange conflict (without any obvious errors or warnings). In my project, I had been experimenting with both Invector TPC and Emerald AI. Started afresh with everything I use except those two, and it now works fine.
  7. afterthecloud

UIS + UCC / Unity 2020.2 Can't interact with item pickup

Hi! I've followed the tutorial at with a completely clean scene, latest version of UIS (1.1.3) and UCC (2.2.7) and the integration pack. Everything works fine up until I create an Item Pickup. My character walks right through it and doesn't pick it up. I've followed the tutorial video...