Unable to find the base object

NoWayJose!

I am on Unity version 2018.4.20f1. When I try to create a new assault rifle weapon everything works perfectly in the editor and looks good, but once i enter in game and grab the weapon I receive the error: "Unable to find the base object for item Ak-74u. Ensure the item specifies a base object under the First Person Perspective Item component."

In editor and in game the weapon model is visible, but once the weapon is picked up (it is a runtime pickup) it disappears and I get that error. In the First person perspective script the game object is there. If i click on my character in scene view i can see the weapon model invisible in third person under the third person model, but under the first person model the weapon transform is shown but it is invisible. The weapon shows up in both first and third person hierarchies. I have created two weapons before this and one after with no issues, but it seems that only assault rifles are giving me issues. I have tried 4 different weapon models under different item types and even in the same item type but nothing seems to help. I have attached a video demonstrating my issue.

Update: I Tried using the same model to create a pistol instead of an assault rifle. Essentially repeating the item creation process but using a different animator id and an item type named "AKPistol". This process was successful and the item works, I can even change the animator id to assault rifle and it will work, but changing the animator id on the original item does not fix its issue.

It doesn't look like you have the base object for the assault rifle. You can create the base object when you create the character, similar to this video. In the video when I specify the first person arms I am specifying the base object: