UCC First Person Hiccup

darkAbacus247

Hey all! Recently upgraded to Opsives latest UCC, testing in a clean hdrp project, Unity version 2022.3.5f1 lts. Everything seems OK so far but when I switch over to first person the camera is often of center by a lot / out of sync with player movement, etc.

Not super sure where I've gone wrong since this is a new project...I did import HDRP settings via downloads page.

This posters video seems pretty close to what I'm experiencing though mine seems to be significantly worse, unplayable at best :/

Anywho, thanks everybody!!

For bug reports if you can follow this post that would be helpful: https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/bug-reports-format.7/

Also, a video of what you are seeing would be great. The bug mentioned in discord has been fixed. Have you tried a non-HDRP project just to rule out that as the cause? Also, does the demo scene work correctly? The demo scene uses the build in render pipeline so you'll need to switch to that.

Issue with HDRP First Person Glitch in Unity 2022.3.5f1 LTS and UCC 3.0.14

Apologize for the delayed response. I've encountered a bit of a glitch related to the Unity 2022.3.5f1 LTS, UCC 3.0.14, and HDRP. Here's a better explanation of the issue:

- **Unity Version**: Unity 2022.3.5f1 LTS with HDRP
- **UCC Version**: 3.0.14
- **Problem Description**: In HDRP, the first-person camera appears to be out of sync with character movements.
- **Steps to Reproduce**:
1. Create a new HDRP project via Unity 2022.3.5f1.
2. Install Opsive UCC.
3. Import HDRP assets from the downloads page.
4. Create an 'empty' scene with Atlas and a plane.
5. Use the menu system to set up the required objects.
6. Press play, enter first-person mode, switch to the rifle, and move around.
7. Observe the effect, most noticeably in the editor window when watching player movements.
- **Additional Information**: I've tried this in the standard Pipeline and it seems fine, although I did encounter the glitch once. I couldn't reproduce it a second time to confirm if it occurs in both pipelines.
- **Error Messages**: Unfortunately, there were no error messages. However, I can record a video example to illustrate the problem further if required.

Please let me know if you need anything more, im pretty excited to see everything tied together. Greatly appreciated!

I see step 5 for setting up the required objects, but what specifically are you doing? If you have a video that would help. The HDRP integration just changes the rendering order of the camera so I'm surprised that this issue is specifically being caused by that integration.

...I'll record a video later today, but this is exactly what I'm doing. Simply install the mentioned Unity Version, create hdrp project, import opsive, create new scene and drag/drop atlas prefab into scene, doesn't work. It's immediately noticeable and looks exactly the same as the video shared by the user mentioned in the link provided above.

Sorry for delay, here's a recording of my test setup. I'm pretty sure I've followed everything correctly but if I haven't please feel free to point me to docs, just wanna get this square!

Thanks again

That looks correct, and doesn't look HDRP related. My guess is that it's something collider related. What do your layers look like? Can you try in a fresh project to ensure that it's not an existing setup issue from something else?

There also seems to be an error on the overlayHDRP shader shown here -
That is a separate issue - what version of HDRP are you using?

I'm using HDRP 14.0.8
It occurs in a clean project as well, I always trial new assets in a clean project first :)
For layers, here's a screen shot. Though I used opsives layer manager to configure setup.

Everything is default having followed the setup instructions...I'll keep playing around but so far no luck. If it helps I can try uploading the test project if I have enough Dropbox space.

For the shader error here's an updated package. Can you send just the scene to support@opsive.com that you are working with that has the collision errors? I can take a look from there.

Attachments

• HDRPv14.unitypackage
    37.2 KB · Views: 1
Thanks the updated HDRP package corrected the shader error. I've sent the example scene to support also!
If you need anything else let me know, I should be able to get a bit done this weekend.