Is there a way to do soft equipped?

thanawat

Hi

Right now I can move the item from Main(ItemCollection purpose is set to Main) to the Holster(ItemSlotCollection and purpose is set to Equipped) but look like it is not soft equipped and I also have Equipment(ItemSlotCollection and purpose is set to Equipped) to be like right/left hand.

I think the Equipment(ItemSlotCollection) needs to be soft equipped. I am not sure Is this the correct way to do? Please advice.

And I also need the Holster(ItemSlotCollection) and Equipment(ItemSlotCollection) to show the same equipped item. (If a gun is not equipped it will only show at Holster(ItemSlotCollection)).

Thank you in advance.q.jpg

So there are few things to be careful about.
Soft Equipped means the item is in an Equippable Item Collection but isn't in an active Character ItemSet (Equippable ItemCollections are defined on the CharacterInventoryBridge, not to be confused with the itemCollection purpose, which is mostly used in the Inventory UI)

Also, an Item Cannot be in two ItemCollection at the same time. So if your item is in the Equipped Collection it cannot be in the Holster Collection and vice-versa

So my guess is that you do not want a Holster Collection. All you want is an Equipment Collection and then you'll want to check if the items in that collection are active or not (equipped or soft equipped).
Then you can have a custom ItemViewSlotContainer that shows the items that are soft equipped.

The Hotbar is an ItemViewSlotContainer that shows items by pointing to an ItemSlot in any ItemCollection. So you can easily assign a subset of the items in the inventory no matter where they are, and it can keep track of items even if they switch collection by using their Unique ID.

I hope that clarifies some things.

Sorry for the unclear question. Actually, I did not use the ULTIMATE CHARACTER CONTROLLER. (I did some research and found the "Soft Equipped" word in some forums I then just used it.)

Anyway, I managed to make it work by hiding the Holster(ItemViewSlotContainer) and making a new tab with filtering only for the equipped equipment in the Holster(ItemSlotCollection). When equipped it will move from Main(ItemCollection) to Holster(ItemSlotCollection) and show in the list and when I press 1 it will actually grab the gun from the holster and move from Holster(ItemSlotCollection) to Equipment(ItemSlotCollection).

Right now I understand more and more. Thank you for the very clear answer.
q.jpg

Last edited: