Final IK can't interact

Wyldhunt

I've been trying to get this tutorial working, but with Final IK, UMA (With bones) and UCC.
I have Final IK working fine with UCC.
Grounder, AimIK, etc all work fine.
For some reason, I can't get the Interaction System to do anything.
I tried looking at the demo scene with the button press example, but it's not working either. The character positions itself in front of the button, and then plays the 'press button ' animation. No IK happens during any part of it though. If I move the IK target, nothing changes. The animation just plays its default settings and presses whatever is directly in front of the model. In fact, I can entirely disable the IK target, and nothing changes.
I don't want to play an animation at all though. I just want to move my hand to a ball with pure IK.

Attachments

• Screenshot (144).png
    Screenshot (144).png
    494.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot (145).png
    Screenshot (145).png
    392.6 KB · Views: 2
Update:
So, I tried a basic test that should lock my left hand to the sphere. It also fails when I use the UCC. It works fine if I don't use the UCC.
I set this to trigger when I entered a Trigger around the sphere.
Code:
            public FullBodyBipedIK iK;
            public InteractionObject interactionObject;
            iK.solver.leftHandEffector.positionWeight = 1f;
            iK.solver.leftHandEffector.position = interactionObject.transform.position;
It almost works. The left hand effector weight is set to 1. The effector position is moved to the ball.
The hand does not follow the effector (Because the FullBodyBipedIK is disabled, I assume).
How would I implement this with Final IK and UCC?

Edit:
I got this working. I was spawning inside of the Trigger... I spawn outside of the trigger and walk in to it, and it works.
So, that leaves the first problem. I still can't get the interaction system to work.
It may be worth noting that the Final IK peeps had to hot-patch the interaction system recently.
You can download the patch here.
Perhaps the patch is breaking something?

Last edited:
I'm glad that you are making progress. If you want to use the interaction system you can create a new ability and call SetAbilityIKTarget method to set the IK target while the ability is active.

I tried the demo scene and also noticed that the interaction isn't working. It is being called correctly though by SetAbilityIKTarget. I'm not sure the best way to debug this besides contacting Partel to see if he has any ideas.

Here's the code within the bridge that calls it:

Code:
 m_InteractionSystem.StartInteraction(IKGoalToEffector(ikGoal), interactionObject, false);