Error: AI character gets NRE on 3rd person combat adventure view

DavidC

tempsnip.png

So after going through the UCC tool to make a character, with the AI checkbox checked, I get this error if I select first person OR third person perspective. I have to add both to avoid the error.

The player character does have both attached.

Does this bloat NPCs by having both attached? It seems like it would. I don't really understand why AI agents need any kind of "perspective," since they don't have their own cameras, anyways?

Do you have the Adventure movement type added to your NPCs Locomotion component?

Can you share a screen grab of your UltimateCharacterLocomtion, at least the part that shows the moment types?

For your AI agent you should select a third person perspective. I just tried that and didn't receive the error with only one Movement Type. All characters must have a Movement Type, but AI agents do not need a View Type.

Ok, I figured it out.

If you make a character with both perspectives, and you set start perspective to third person, under the "UC Locomotion" script, there's the Movement Type box where one is toggled active. The toggle has to be on third person combat. If the character was never "both" it's not a problem, because the entry for First Person Combat isn't present.
1620844944139.png