EquipNext/EquipPrevious Issue

SteveC

Hey y'all!

[UPDATE]
I did have the ARX200 Assault Rifle Item (under the character) Disabled. Reenabled shows it still moves through the weapons correctly, but doesn't loop through weapons.

Resolved the issue by unchecking Default on the Body ItemSet. Seems you can't have all 3 checked.

Whatcha' think?
[/UPDATE]

When switching between weapons using EquipNext/EquipPrevious, I get some unexpected results. Probably best be explained by some screenshots:

Character starts with the Body weapon, in ItemSetManager it's set as Default, Enabled and CanSwitchTo. Character has a few other weapons that are all Enabled, CanSwitchTo in ItemSetManager... both assault rifles use the Rifle Bullet.

1552007327604.png

Hitting E provides the following results:

1552007431708.png

Hitting E again switches back to Body, and then hitting E after that it doesn't switch anymore....
Hitting Q to see where it goes from here provides this result:

1552007611054.png

... oh, I can only post 3 images. Well, hitting Q again switches back to Body... hitting it more times does nothing. Hitting E after that switches back to the FAMAS weapon.

Doing a bit of debugging in the EquipNext.CanStartAbility (right after NextActiveItemSetIndex is called), where it looks like the item/previous item index is set, when hitting E the first time, this was set:
m_ItemSetIndex = 3
m_PrevItemSetIndex = 1

On the second E press:
m_ItemSetIndex = 0
m_PrevItemSetIndex = 3

And then when it gets stuck, it just debugs m_ItemSetIndex = 0 & m_PrevItemSetIndex=3 and does nothing.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Ideally, I'd like for it to loop through the weapons, including Body... not sure the reason it's getting "stuck" in either direction.

I'll start digging through the docs again to see if I didn't miss anything.

Thanks!

Last edited: