Crouch Idle being played instead of Weapon Crouch Idle

I have setup a melee weapon in place of the knife ( a flashlight), using my own animations. The problem is when I crouch with the weapon, it is playing the "normal" crouch idle animation instead of the flashlight crouch idle animation. The flashlight shines an attached light (obviously), so it is important that it is aligned correctly with the animation.

Your best bet is to take a look at the animator and see what state is playing when the character couches and then ensure the animation has been replaced for that state.

Yeah it's weird though. The Animator is saying it is playing the flashlight crouch idle (it's the equivalent of Nolan's Knife Idle Blend Tree on the Right Arm Layer), but I know that is the regular crouch idle because of the position of his hand. The animation of the flashlight crouch idle is imported correctly because it plays perfectly in the preview window, and the right arm mask is set properly as default. I really don't know why it won't play that animation - all others work fine, aim idle, turn idle etc.

My only other thought was that you replaced the animation within one layer but it needs to also be replaced in another.

I have changed:
Base layer_Crouch_Idle_Idle
Base Layer_Crouch_Aim Idle_Aim Idle

Right Hand Layer_Idle

Item Layer_Knife_Aim

Right Arm Layer_Knife_Idle

From what I can see, these are all the relevant layers & animations needed.