Adding enemies

Tobi_e

hi, i recently bought the third person controller. after installing. so far so good. i created a new scene, added a character and did the setup for it. everything worked, the character can be controlled. after that i added a weapon it also worked the weapon shoots and has ammo. but now I can't go any further. I would like to have a game that always sends out attack waves and I have to fight them. I have already written the scripts for the waves. but how can i create the enemies? I have a zombie prefab that I'm adding to my scene. which scripts do i need from the controller now?
-set life points
-that I can shoot him down
-Are bullets generated with the weapon?
can someone please write me a little guide
thank you best regards tobi

You can create enemies with the character manager. Just select "AI". There is a simple example in the melee room of the demo scene (search for Agent Nolan in the hierarchy).
Here you find the minimal component setup:

If you want to implement more logic on the enemies, I would recommend looking into the Behavior Designer asset from Opsive. It also comes with examples of enemies using UCC.

Weapons can either fire bullets, or just use a hit scan. Use the projectile field of the shootable weapon component:

many thanks for your quick reply. I've now tried to create the enemy worked, even if I shoot at him, he dies, but I still have problems with the animation that he runs after me. unfortunately i don't have a mellee room in the demo because i only have the package with shootable weapons. even if i search for agent nolan in the hierarchy i can't find anything. Is there a way that I just write the script for it to run afterwards and then add it?

many thanks for your quick reply. I've now tried to create the enemy worked, even if I shoot at him, he dies, but I still have problems with the animation that he runs after me. unfortunately i don't have a mellee room in the demo because i only have the package with shootable weapons. even if i search for agent nolan in the hierarchy i can't find anything. Is there a way that I just write the script for it to run afterwards and then add it?
Okay i got it everything Work now. Thank you Christian your First answer Help me a lot

You can create enemies with the character manager. Just select "AI". There is a simple example in the melee room of the demo scene (search for Agent Nolan in the hierarchy).

If you want to implement more logic on the enemies, I would recommend looking into the Behavior Designer asset from Opsive. It also comes with examples of enemies using UCC.

Weapons can either fire bullets, or just use a hit scan. Use the projectile field of the shootable weapon component:

but i have another question i bought the utps for 67€. can I simply download the behavior tree via the integrations or do I have to buy it separately for €80? because when I go to integration and come to the opsive page to enter my invoice number, I get the message product not match

Glad you are making progress!

but i have another question i bought the utps for 67€. can I simply download the behavior tree via the integrations or do I have to buy it separately for €80? because when I go to integration and come to the opsive page to enter my invoice number, I get the message product not match

You will need the base Behavior Designer package though which is a separate purchase in order to download that integration.