Recent content by Valor

1. V

How can I make weapons available across every character?

Hello there, I'm using the third person controller, and I need a way to make weapons available for every character. How can I do this?
  2. V

How can I make a universal weapon system and character select system w/ TPC?

I'm making a battle based game with a character system and weapon system. I want to make it so that weapons are shared between characters and can be turned on and off depending on the weapon being used. Is there a way to make weapons universal throughout all the characters in my game?
  3. V

Why isn't my humanoid basemesh considered non humanoid?

Is there a way I can map a head of some 3D models I import? I'm not really sure how to do this.
  4. V

Why isn't my humanoid basemesh considered non humanoid?

Hi there, I just exported a basemesh I got from Turbosquid, but I can't animate it since for some reason it isn't considered as humanoid. How can I fix this? I have the third person controller.
  5. V

How do I make the crosshair turn red when it's pointing at an enemy?

Okay. Thank you to @MissBig and @Justin!
  6. V

How to disable player movement?

That's strange! I'm able to use timeScale with UI interaction. I'm not sure then.
  7. V

How can I activate the shoot function via script?

Hi there. I am currently building a simple AI for my game that shoots at the player when he/she is close enough. What is the function that is called when a player shoots? I need this to make the AI able to shoot.
  8. V

How to disable player movement?

you can just use: Time.timeScale = 0; This freezes the user's keyboard input while they can still use UI. On exit turn the timeScale back to 1.
  9. V

How do I make the crosshair turn red when it's pointing at an enemy?

Hi there. I'm currently making a game with the third person controller, and I saw in the demo that when your weapon is facing a target, the crosshair turns red. There is also an auto aim system. How do I use these?