Recent content by TDM GameDev

1. T

No Rotation in 3rd Person Top Down after Input System

Yes, the CharacterInput in both projects is the one that ships with the Input System integration. The logging shows that the direction Vector3 being returned by m_LookSource.LookDirection(m_Head.position, true, 0, false, false); is always the same value, which explains the behaviour. I am...
  2. T

No Rotation in 3rd Person Top Down after Input System

I have followed all of the instructions found here for the Input System integration, and in a fresh project with no other assets (except for some models and prefabs), things seem to work fine. When I try to incorporate the Third Person Top Down controller in a project that I've already been...
  3. T

Following Opsive Youtube video, but getting erros and missing components

I will do that, and see if I can use that documentation and resolve things. You are not wrong about me not understanding the state system. That video about melee weapon setup was the first time I can remember hearing it discussed in more than a passing context, if at all. It's hard to know what...
  4. T

So, after I gave up trying to get this to work and taking a break, I decided to start over from scratch. That's what I did yesterday, and things seemed to be going well. The Items GameObjects had been added to my player character correctly, and I seemed to have all of the script components. When...
  5. T

I actually did add that script to the player GameObject in my first attempt to fix the error, but since I just got a new NullReferenceException when I did that, and I wasn't sure about the Items child GameObject or what scripts might be on it, I undid that attempt to fix it. Following your...
  6. T

Hello, I am following along with the video about the Ultimate Inventory System / Character Controller integration: When I get to the point after the timestamp in which the "Equip On Pickup" functionality is illustrated, I start getting errors: The NullReferenceException is thrown at this...
  7. T

Problems with Third Person Character Controller using Input System integration on mobile

I must be missing something. This is my PlayerInput component, and the Input System Settings in the Project Settings window: The old Input Manager does have sensitivity settings: But I don't see it for the Input System. Also, I was able to modify the Motor Acceleration values from .18 to...
  8. T

Problems with Third Person Character Controller using Input System integration on mobile

As far as I know, there isn't a "touch sensitivity" setting in the Input System. Even if there were, the problem occurs with a single instant click in the device simulator in the editor. Also, the Input Actions are what came with the integration package, so everything in terms of input and...
  9. T

I'm trying to work on getting the Third Person Character Controller set up in a new-ish project with the Input System integration, and I've got movement working fine with keyboard/mouse and gamepad, and even a gamepad on mobile. However, when any kind of touch input is used, the player runs at...