Recent content by lindsaad

1. L

Version 3 abilities

That is what it was. There is a virtual method for CanStopAbility. If you don't override it, it always returns true and stops the ability before the AnimatorMonitor runs UpdateAbilityAnimatorParameters. Now I just need to determine the best logic for when to return true in the overridden...
  2. L

Version 3 abilities

Has there been any change with extending custom abilities with version 3? I am attempting to create my own Roll ability. I have the ability class and have it successfully associated with a key press in the new input system. Through debug statements I can see it going through the motions of...
  3. L

What is included in the Ultimate Character Controller?

@Justin Has there been any update with the Agility pack for version 3?
  4. L

Tweaking Animation Timing

With my character holding a sword and a shield there seems to be a delay in when I can "Aim" the shield. It seems to be waiting for the attack animation to complete but, even so, there seems to be delay to slightly return the character's arm to idle before being able to aim the shield. Is...
  5. L

3.0.2 UnityInput

Since updating to 3.02 I receive the following error "<CharacterObject> has no UnityInput component. I am using the new input system and the integration documentation specifically stated to remove this component in favor of the Unity Input System component. The error is from the...
  6. L

3rd Person Control

DOH! I just needed to copy the combat view values from the demo scene and it works completely as expected. I failed to realize the demo scene had the behavior I needed. I am running URP and never got the demo scene working.
  7. L

3rd Person Control

Found this post from 2018 that is exactly what I am referring to: https://www.opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/third-person-adventure-camera-has-odd-snapping-behavior-when-orbiting.489/ Changing the Position Smoothing to 0 does create the result I was looking for. However, there are some...
  8. L

3rd Person Control

That sounded promising but, still seeing the same behavior. I have attached images to try and illustrate. Image1 is pressing the right stick of a controller in the right direction. Image2 is pressing it in the left direction. Image 3 is with the right stick centered. The behavior I would...
  9. L

3rd Person Control

Thank you. That did help but, I think there is another setting that needs to change to get the experience I want to duplicate. I am struggling with how to explain it. Currently, when moving the camera with the mouse or right thumb stick, the character's position in the camera view moves from...
  10. L

3rd Person Control

Cursor was the wrong term. I was referring to the reticle and I now see that it does stay in the center of the screen. However, what I am seeing is that the camera and characters head moves before the body (when rotating). The effect is where the character turn animation seems to be lagging...
  11. L

Weird results in Attack Animation

Changing the Upper Arm Weight to 0 resolved the issue. Appreciate the help. I have alot to learn when it comes to IK and animation.
  12. L

Weird results in Attack Animation

I have added a Synty character with the 3rd person controller and I am seeing some odd behavior on the attack animations (specifically the sword attack - I have not tried any others). I have attached a screenshot of what is happening. The left arm appears to be moving opposite the direction of...
  13. L

3rd Person Control

Any guidance / best practices for making the adventure and combat movement for 3rd person more 1 to 1. By default there seems to be a lot of dead space in the cursor before the character actually rotates. Is there a way to reduce / eliminate this so the character rotates with the camera and the...
  14. L

New Input System Integration Issue

Just got v3.0.1 of the third person controller tonight and found something with the New Input System integration. My gamepad was not working to move the camera (all other inputs worked as expected). PlayerInput.cs Update is doing a call to IsControllerConnected(). This failed to detect my...