Recent content by freddyatlantis

1. freddyatlantis

Generic Reloader Cannot Reload

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, this stuff is fun to play with. My modules are close to the assault rifle setup, modified a bit. I'll paste them below, along with the error message. My player is using UIS, enemy is UCC only, but I get the same message with any weapon that I equip. They seem to...
  2. freddyatlantis

Hold the phone, I adjusted some of the other modules (Simple Trigger only, no Usable Actions) and deactivated the Reload Item Ability, and everything functions just like I thought it should. The only artifacts are an error message about a null reference in the CharacterItem.Initialize function...
  3. freddyatlantis

I have an enemy agent set up, which runs fine when not equipping a weapon. But when I add a shootable weapon, I get the errors below. The character also has the Reload Item Ability enabled. I've fished for quite a while, but can't figure out why I'm getting these errors when logging. Anybody...
  4. freddyatlantis

Custom Weapon Equips, but Doesn't Unequip

The other half of the error stack: Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.ShootableActionModule.Initialize (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.CharacterItemAction itemAction) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/ShootableAction.cs:70)...
  5. freddyatlantis

Thanks for your reply. I've deleted all the prefabs from my first attempt, and followed the video on integration step by step, then read along with the documentation. I've done absolutely everything according to the guidelines (my weapon is a shootable item that should spawn a projectile. The...
  6. freddyatlantis

Oops. The custom weapon doesnt spawn the prefab designated in the ShootableAction/ProjectileModuleGroup/SpawnProjectile either.
  7. freddyatlantis

Hi, I'm prototyping some game bits using UCC and UIS, with the Demo Item Collection (UCC) and the IntegtationDemoInventoryDatabase (UIS). I added all of the out of the box weapons to the Player Inventory/ Default Loadout component, using the UIS Item Definition. All of this works fine, no errors...
  8. freddyatlantis

Impact Module Group/ Impact Action/ Add Force to NavMesh Agent?

Nah, stick with the Behavior Designer/ECS thing, I kind of want that one. Thanks for the info.
  9. freddyatlantis

Impact Module Group/ Impact Action/ Add Force to NavMesh Agent?

Hi, I have a Player character using UCC/UIS. What I would like to do is to add a force to an enemy (the enemy is using the NavMeshAgent/Behavior Tree) when struck by the Player's weapon. I have a Melee Action on the weapon, with Impact Module Group set up with an Add Force Impact Action, which...
  10. freddyatlantis

No Agent Movement with BD and UCC Generic Rig

Oh, this was my bad. I had the Agent Movement Ability set up, but no A* Pathfinding involved. Swapping to a Nav Mesh Agent Ability solved the whole thing. Thanks for your reply, Justin.
  11. freddyatlantis

No Agent Movement with BD and UCC Generic Rig

Hi, I've made some little robot enemies that have generic rigs for animation, set them up as UCC characters, and integrated them for BD. I've set up the behavior tree with an entry point, repeater set to repeat forever, and seek with the target set as my player. This all worked out of the box...
  12. freddyatlantis

Change Character Movement Type Programmatically

Hi, I have the UCC, and am using triggers to change the CameraViewType, which works fine, but I would also like to change the character MovementType. I found this: https://www.opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/movement-type-change.1042/ but that line of code throws an error at the GetType...
  13. freddyatlantis

Moving Objects That Push The Character

Thanks for the reply. After some testing, I see I have the same behavior as in the above post, if the character is standing still there's no collision, but if I wiggle back and forth then the thing works fine. I tested this with the Moving Platform setup, as well as with DOTween...