Recent content by D-Wags

1. D

Trigger Detection

I understand that. Player configuration: Genesis 8 Male, tagged as player, constructed with the Opsive 3rd Person Controller. contains both a rigid body and a collider. Rock Configuration: 3D object tagged as untagged, contains a box collider 30% larger than the object with the trigger box...
  2. D

Trigger Detection

Another Hurdle. I built a scene with a terrain, a rock and a humanoid model. That's it. Nothing else. Then: 1. turned the model into an MC with your 3rd person controller. Verified that it has a collider and a rigidbody. 2. Put a block collider on the rock, 30% bigger than the rock 3. Tested...
  3. D

Controller input and expansion.

I did note that the InputSystem does not use the UCC virtual controls. And, I saw that Pixel Crusher does have UCC stuff. Could this be the problem?
  4. D

Now, my latest challenge. I just installed your dialogue integrator and have a bunch of compile errors. I have gone through the pixel crusher's documentation and there is no reference to import compile issues. HELP
  5. D

Went back to the beginning. 1. Created new 3D HDRP project with 2020.3.31f1 editor 2. Installed 3rd Person Controller 3. Integrated Input controller 4. Went through the steps to fix your bug that creates 157 compile errors 5. Imported a humanoid character, named Jack 6. Set Player prefurences...
  6. D

Sounds good. However, even though I was a large DBMS software engineer for almost 40 years, I have no experience with windows based programming or C++ (I'm working like crazy to learn it.) I can find the characterlocomotionmove script, but, how do I set a breakpoint?
  7. D

Thank you for you and your team's quick and insightful guidance. The recommendation to the discussion link solved my 157 compile errors and succeeded in allowing me to install your input integration package. Now, with a clean compile, I set the Player to Unity.inputSystem (Not Both) and set the...
  8. D

Spent 3.5 hours going through all of your recommendations. The same 11 errors continue to occur. So, to avoid all the cr*p of trying to make a broken package integrate with your 3rdPC, will your products work with the old Unity input system, including your Ultimate Inventory System? Can I avoid...
  9. D

Before I read your message, I started a new 3D HDRP project with the following steps: 1. Installed the Gaia terrain generator from Procedural Worlds 2. Installed your Ultimate Inventory System 3. Installed your 3rd Person Controller 4. Installed your inputsystem package. The same 157 errors...
  10. D

Nope. Didn't work. Didn't even install. I got 157 compile errors on a project which had zero errors before I tried to install the inputsystem.unitypackage from your download site.
  11. D

OK. Got the third person controller running And am looking forward to expanding its capabilities. BUT: 1. When I set the player input in the project settings to the Input System Package, the MC freezes and an error message occurs: "InvalidOperationException: You are trying to read input using...
  12. D

3rd Person Character Frozen

I've created a character, set up the camera and tried to run the scene. But, the MC is stuck in the mud. I've attached a couple of images to, maybe, help someone find my solution.
  13. D

Controller limits - Multiple Good Guys

I am developing a new game, Cambion Killer. This game is targeting an animation/Melee style of Bloody Spell with a complex story line along the lines of Pathfinder: Kingdom Maker. To date, I've built the first terrains using the Gaia terrain builder, built some humanoid avatars using Daz Studio...
  14. D

Cambion Killer-Anyone Using the Invector Controller?

This game is targeting an animation/Melee style of Bloody Spell with a complex story line along the lines of Pathfinder: Kingdom Maker. To date, I've built the first terrains using the Gaia terrain builder, built some humanoid avatars using Daz Studio and got them animated with the Invector...