I was wondering if anyone could help me with improving the feel of my UFPS multiplayer game. One problem is that the hit detection is a bit off, even when the player is standing still. I understand that UFPS multiplayer hit detection uses capsule colliders. Im wondering:
1. How am I supposed to change the capsule collider's radius and height? The radius keeps getting reset when I change it.
2. Why does UFPS use this capsule system instead of using more accurate collision models (like similar collision to the ragdoll)? Does this have to do with server performance?
3. Can I add my own collision model instead of the capsule collider--one that's more accurate to my character's model? Whats the best way to do that?
4. Semi related, how do I increase my server's tickrate in UFPS?
5. If anyone has any other tips or tricks to improve the feel of the default netcode/hit detection that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much for any help or clarification.