Unite Austin

JustinJustin Posts: 307Member, Administrator, Moderator
edited September 27 in General Discussion
Is anybody going to be at Unite Austin next week? We have a booth in the expo hall and if you're there make sure you stop by and say hi!

I'll have a version 2 build so I can give a demo of what that looks like. This will be the second Unite where version 2 isn't released yet and I promise before next year's Unite we will have version 2 out :)

[ UFPS Docs ] . . . [ F.A.Q. ] . . . [ Tutorials ] . . . [ Knowledgebase ]
[ Games Showcase ] . . . [ Get it now! ]

[home] [twitter] [youtube]

Comments

• JustinJustin Posts: 307Member, Administrator, Moderator
    Thanks to everyone who came out! It was a lot of fun seeing everyone and giving a preview of version 2. We are planning on doing one more alpha and then we'll start the beta phase so things are still looking good for a release in Q1 of next year!

• BrandSpankingNewBrandSpankingNew Posts: 2,321Member, MPTester
    Is this preview anything that we haven't seen? Is there a video of your demos? What was the general reaction to what you showed? Just curious.
    Beautiful objects are wrought by study through effort, but ugly things are reaped automatically without toil.
    Democritus
    The preview was the main scene that we've been using to test which just includes primitive objects. It included everything that we have done up until that point so it was newer than alpha 4. We were really happy with the reaction - the most common question was when is it going to be released :)

Good! Congratulations on a successful debut! I bet it was fun. I hope it was fun! There are plenty of worse places to be than Austin, as far as bars and restaurants are concerned. I'm thrilled, on the edge of my seat actually, waiting for the Beta. Keep on going!
    Beautiful objects are wrought by study through effort, but ugly things are reaped automatically without toil.
    Democritus
    edited October 13
    Thanks! It definitely was a lot of fun. Austin is a neat place - there's no way I could live there with the cost of living but it was fun to see (a two bedroom apartment goes for $2700/month which is reaching the SF prices). This was our first time in Texas and went to an authentic Texan restaurant called Terry Black's. It was a pretty cool experience as they just place the brisket/sausage directly on the tray like this image: https://s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/_bZ58yj5PGW4uA6WfP6SzQ/o.jpg.

I'm thrilled, on the edge of my seat actually, waiting for the Beta. Keep on going!

I really can't wait to get it out! It has been on the front of my mind for over a year now and I can't wait to see what everybody creates with it. There has been some really good progress this week and I was talking to @Sarah about when we can release the final alpha. We have a defined set of features that we'd like to get in alpha 5 and I imagine that'll come out late October/early November. We'll probably have a couple of betas which will hopefully be a quicker release cycle than the alphas have been and then release!

That is a Texas meal, no doubt about it! Yum, yum! I would be broke instantly just from eating! lol! I'm going to keep a copy of that picture so that I can look at it as I have my tuna sandwiches in the middle of the night. ha!
    Democritus